An FHA loan is a government- insured loan that has flexible loan options and that is issued through the US Federal Housing Administration (part of HUD). This government-insured loan has less strict credit requirements and qualifications, making it easier for you to qualify. This type of loan is designed for low-to-moderate income borrowers and requires a lower minimum down payment and lower credit scores than most conventional loans.
At FlexPoint, Inc, we have years of experience in providing FHA loans to individuals across the nation who are purchasing a new home or refinancing and don’t qualify for a standard conventional loan.
Advantages of a FHA Loan
- Pay your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties.
- 30-, 25-, 20- and 15-year terms are available with fixed rates.
- 5-year adjustable rate available.
- Individuals with credit scores as low as 580 can qualify.
- If you have had financial challenges like a bankruptcy, you can still qualify.
- If you have an FHA loan currently, you may be able to refinance with an FHA Streamline to lower your interest rate as well as your payments.
- You may be able to wrap closing costs into your loan.
- You can refinance up to 97.75% of your primary home’s value.
- You can buy a home with as little as 3.5% down (primary home).
You may be eligible for an FHA Loan if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You have a credit score above 580